Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How To Prepare Spaghetti Squash

Spaghetti Squash is a great low carb alternative to traditional pastas. A one half cup serving has only 4 net carbohydrates.

 Spaghetti Sqaush is a very versatile vegetable. It can be eaten plain, topped with butter, parmesan cheese or even your favorite low carb sauce.



It is also very simple to prepare.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

With a sharp knife, cut the Spahgetti Squash in half lengthwise.


Using a soup spoon, scoop out the seeds and discard.



Pour about 1/4 inch of water into a pan (such as a lasagna pan). Place the squash cut side down in the pan.

Bake for 45 minutes.




Flip the halves over and bake until tender, about 20 minutes or so.



Remove the squash from the oven.

Using a fork, gently scrape the squash from the skin.

It will look like spaghetti.




Serve with your choice of toppings or sauce.


Enjoy!




NOTE: According to Fitday.com, Spaghetti squash has 7.9 net carbs per cup. That is for cooked Spaghetti squash, not including any toppings or spices.

2 comments:

  1. This looks a lot easier than the way I did it. I think I microwaved it and it was way hot to work with. This looks better. I will try some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, some folks microwave it ~ I haven't tried it that way because I have a really old, really small microwave. I would have to cook it 1/2 at a time and it would take forever I'm sure. Plus, I think vegetables roasted in the oven have a sweeter taste then they do if you nuke them.

    ReplyDelete